Thursday, March 13, 2008

Landed at my front door



it's funny how things catch me off guard these days. i think linden has made me a bit of a softie! i think what I want to say is that things mean soo much more to me with linden in my life. today, i got a package in the mail from my parents- nana and papa. i was fully expecting this package, since i had talked to my mom and she was feeling bad that she had not sent it sooner- it was for my birthday. anyway, linden and i sat on the front porch- where the package so gracefully landed all the way from chicago. I open it to a wonderful sight- girl scout cookies! it's been a bit of a tradition for years now; when I lived in the city, in Chicago, a girl scout never once came to any of my apartment doors- so my mom always sent them to me. tagalongs and thin-mints- the way to my heart! along with the cookies was the most beautiful bracelet by a co. named pandora -see website: http://www.pandora-jewelry.com/ There is a charm for Brett, a little shoe for Linden, a little doghouse for Bruno and a key to my heart charm. I just LOVE it. I think it's one of the BEST gifts I have ever received and it brought a tear to my eye, it's so special and it's just for me. I think it's so beautiful and so well gifted from the best gift-giver ever; my mom. Then, to look deeper in the box is the most precious gift- it's a Holy Hobby coloring book from when I was a kid. I remember painting this book when I was so very little and now Linden can do the same. It's the kind of book you just take a wet brush to and the color comes alive on the page- what a wonderful childhood memory! I am constantly giving my parents a hard time for never throwing anything away and letting "stuff" accumulate in their house- but this is so different. Something tangible from my childhood that I look at now and see how it has shaped who I am and who I have become- an artist, of sorts. it's like a time capsule landed at my door. Thank you, Mom. Thank you so very much for the most precious gifts- I love you! Linden and I sat on the front porch and enjoyed a tagalong girl scout cookie- never tasted so good.

No comments: