Monday, May 04, 2009

Eugene OR Marathon


Looking good at Mile 12.5



Leading the pack at Mile 18

Both feet off the ground!!! Racing Hard!



Screaming through the finish- literally!


Hammy flew by me without even noticing me- he was sooo focused!



Happy Racer!




The finish was on Uof O track!


I thought it was pretty funny that the port-o-pottys were Honey Buckets!


Brett ran the Eugene Marathon yesterday at a personal best of 3.15.50! That's 10 seconds to spare to qualify for the Boston Marathon in April of 2010! It was such a moment to see him cross the finish line; teeth gritting and pushing strong- to say I was proud just is not enough! He is amazing and he rocked it! It rained most of the time he was on the course, except when he was coming into the finish!
Linden stayed at home with our Nanny, so Brett could focus and I could run all around Eugene to see him at points throughout the race. It was a great weekend and an even bigger accomplishment!

No comments: