Monday, August 08, 2011

Thatcher turned 2


Whoot to the hoo, Thatcher turned two!

Every Mom has her own way of mothering and + raising her own kids and I am constantly saying, "to each their own". And it's true, I think you should do what makes you happy. I know that for me, taking photos makes me happy. It gives me that warm fuzzy that people long for. In this day and age, our world is so instant and everything happens so fast. Instant messaging, facetime, texting.... I have to remind myself to SLOW DOWN and smell the roses. Somehow two years have passed right by us and pretty soon Thatch will be taking Brett's car and having a curfew....seriously! What? Where has my baby gone?
Moms always tell me they can't wait for there to be no more diapers in their house, and that sounds nice, don't get me wrong. But that means no more babies ( insert giant sob ). I wasn't to soak it all in and be so thankfull to my little kids.
On our way home from Chicago when our flight was cancelled and we were desperatly trying to get back home, the American airlines representitive looked at me and said, "Bless your bones!" I looked right at her and almost burst into tears. I thought, "I got this" -no need for a blessed flight home!

SO, I am going to do what makes me happy- take memorable photos and slow down to enjoy right now.


No comments: